Today started bright and early as I had to wake up early to go toMiddletown for a CPR class. A 6:30am wake up call on a Saturday was not my idea of bliss. How I wish I could have stayed in bed. While the early wake up was a drag, the class was entertaining and educational.

As per-usual, I got lost on the way to the class. Thankfully I didn't go too far out of the way. I get lost coming out of a store in the mall. When I finally arrived I felt like a celebrity as several people cheered when I walked in the door. I can't help that I'm a celebrity! Wink, Wink!

The instructor, Mrs. Craycraft is quite a character. Totally worth driving 50 miles. She's spunky, has great stories, and she knows her stuff. Thats important. This is the third class I've taken with her. Her husband and son were there. She introduced her son by saying that he "needs a wife" One of my co-workers raised her hand. Poor guy, he was totally blushing. Fun! Fun!

After taking the CPR class I realised that I am not as flexable as I thought. Bending over those CPR maniquins hurt my back. Its just not a natural position to be in. Hopefully if I ever have to perform CPR that adrenaline will kick in, because giving CPR is worse than yoga or pilaties.

Tips for taking a CPR class.

1. Wear Stretchy pants that cover your be-hind! I saw a lot of cracks. I know in a real situation your not going to care about your bootie hanging out of your pants. In class...just say no to "crack".
2. Wear a long shirt that buttons up or has a rather high neck.
3. Wear your hair up to keep it out of your face.
4. Do some stretches ahead of time.
5. Keep this list to remind me of these rules in 2 years when I have to take the class again.

During the CPR class one of my fellow students was wearing shoes like this!


I have never seen anything like this before. So with a little google search I found that they are athletic shoes. While I'm sure they serve their purpose, the idea of wearing gloves on my feet just does not sound appealing. They look like ape feet to me! Oh well. They are unique and heck they are a conversation starter. I'm all for wearing or bringing strange stuff to start a conversation!

Speaking of shoes, I did manage to pick up a few pairs for myself at DSW. Michael had a good time playing the savings game. He was looking at a sign explaining that if you get purchase a gift card you would get $10 for discount coupon for each $50 you spend. Michael asked if he could use the gift cards right away. The cashier told us no, but then explained if we walked out of the store and came back in 5 minutes that we could then use the gift cards, and we would then receive our discount coupons. Ha! Ha! The cashier threw in two extra gift cards for a total of $50 worth of discount coupons! Yay!!!

After stocking up on shoes we headed over the BORDERS.Yay Books. What should I find but


Yay! I saw the ad in Creating Keepsakes a few months ago and I knew I had to have it! So cute! After seeing this book in my hand, Michael "suggested" that I get rid of som other books before I buy any more. Yet,I wanted the book. Hmmmmm.....So I promised to purge my bookcase. Michael, being the smart man that he is,did not believe me. So in order to prove him wrong, once we got home, I removed FOURTEEN unwanted books to donate to the library. So a win-win-win situation for everyone.

#1: I got the book that I wanted!

#2: I supported the scrapbooking industry by buying this book!

#3: I got rid of some unwanted books that are just sitting on my shelves(unread). Thus leaving more space on our already bursting shelves!

#4: The money that the library will receive from selling my unused books will be used to support scholarships to future librarians and contine the wonderful work of the modile library van.

I love when I am able to justify scrapbooking purchases!

Thats all for now! Have a lovely Sunday!

Emily